In general, pumps are devices typically used to move liquids, fluids, and gases by creating pressure through mechanical movements. They can be classified into two types, namely dynamic and positive displacement pumps, and both can be further divided into other subcategories. Under the positive displacement type lies one of the most commonly used pumps in different industries: diaphragm pumps.
If your business requires diaphragm pumps, particularly the air operated kind, feel free to reach out to us at Compresstech Resources, Inc. today. Our company supplies different types of devices and machines for your business needs. Get in touch with us to buy a new air operated diaphragm pump in the Philippines.
What Is a Diaphragm Pump?
A diaphragm pump is among the most prevalent pneumatic instruments in different industries. One reason for its popularity is its versatility. It is commonly used to siphon and release almost any kind of liquid, so it is perfect for high-viscosity solutions, such as oils and resin blends. Additionally, it’s ideal for pumping concrete mixes, strong acids, and other fluids that are either too abrasive or have a lot of solid content.
What you should remember about diaphragm pumps is they’re self-priming devices. When running at full speed for a long period, pumps would typically overheat and get damaged. This happens because air enters the machine and gets mixed with the fluids inside. With a diaphragm pump, this is not a problem because the self-priming feature helps displace excess air, allowing the equipment to work more efficiently, even for many hours on end.
How Do Diaphragm Pumps Work?
The working principle behind diaphragm pumps can be pretty tricky. It’s a complex machine with many components that move alternately, but the most important parts are the diaphragms located side-by-side inside the machine. When the right diaphragm contracts, the left one expands. This alternate motion is the key to the efficiency of the device.
Every time one of the diaphragms tightens on one side, fluids will be sucked into that part of the equipment. Once it expands again, the substance will be ejected from the machine.
The same thing happens on the other side of the pump, but in an alternate way. So, every time the right diaphragm expands to eject what it siphoned, the left side of the machine is already contracting and sucking in fluids, too.
What Are the Different Kinds of Diaphragm Pumps?
If your company requires the use of diaphragm pumps, there are many options for you to choose from. Here are some of the available types you can check out:
• Air Operated Diaphragm Pump – This is the most common kind of diaphragm pump. It uses compressed air to siphon and release the fluids. If you use this kind of pump, be sure to check if the air pressure inside the machine still meets the acceptable level. This prevents accidents and ensures the equipment will not malfunction and cause any major issues.
• Motor-Driven Pump – If you want a lighter option, motor-driven pumps might be right for you. There are small motor-driven pumps available, and they typically produce between 60 to 100 psi. Since this type heavily relies on electricity, overheating is one of its main issues. Be sure to check it regularly when it’s in operation to avoid this problem.
• Wanner Hydra-Cell Pump – Designed for continuous operations, this type of pump is durable and can withstand harsh environments. They can be used for acids, slurries, harsh chemicals, and even hot fluids.
There are at least three kinds of diaphragm pumps, but air operated ones are the most commonly used across different industries. Air operated diaphragm pumps are available here at Compresstech Resources, Inc. Feel free to get in touch with our team today if you wish to buy a unit from us.
What Are Air Operated Diaphragm Pumps?
They are sometimes called air operated double-diaphragm (AODD) pumps because of their inner mechanisms. Inside the machine, there are two chambers, one beside the other. Each of them has a corresponding diaphragm that moves alternately when the equipment is switched on.
AODD pumps are pretty versatile, and they offer a lot of benefits, such as:
• Leak-Free Features – Pumps used to move liquids typically suffer from leaks, but this isn’t a problem with air operated diaphragm pumps in the Philippines. They are specially designed with stationary seals that prevent the fluids from seeping outside the machine.
• High Wear Resistance – Other types of pumps malfunction after some time, especially when they are left working for hours on end. The machine can sometimes overheat or some of the components end up breaking because of excess friction and pressure that cause them to deteriorate. This happens with AODD pumps, too, but at a much slower rate. These devices have pressure-balancing technology that helps prevent damage.
• Gentle Pumping Action – What makes air operated diaphragm pumps a great choice is that they are more softly compared to other options. Because of their gentle pumping motions, they are the most suitable devices to use for shear sensitive liquids that change viscosity due to vibrations. Examples of these materials include creams and polymers, along with some pharmaceutical slurries and edible substances.
• Mufflers – Like any other pneumatic machine, AODD pumps make quite a lot of noise when they are in operation. The vibrations produced by the equipment when it runs can generate a lot of sound, but the good thing is there are ways to prevent that. You can put mufflers on the device if you don’t want to hear anything when it’s switched on.
Due to the many benefits of using air operated diaphragm pumps in the Philippines, local companies are working hard to invest in the machine. Here are some industries that utilize this piece of equipment in their day-to-day operations:
What Should You Keep in Mind Before Investing in an Air Operated Diaphragm Pump?
If you’re planning to invest in a new air operated diaphragm pump in the Philippines, be sure to keep the following things in mind:
Speed Can Be Controlled
It’s important for air operated diaphragm pumps to have speed variations. That’s why you should choose options that let you control their speed when they’re in operation. These machines are typically equipped with low-cost actuators and not high-cost frequency drives.
If you’re unsure which air operated diaphragm pump to purchase, do not hesitate to seek help from experts. The staff of the supplier you’re buying from will gladly assist you and answer your queries.
When choosing manufacturers, look at their years of experience in the field. In most cases, those that have been in the industry for a long time are the ones that produce top-of-the-line equipment. You should also check if their products have positive reviews from their customers because doing so can give you an idea of whether or not the air operated diaphragm pumps they sell are durable and long-lasting.
If you are looking for a place that sells low-priced but high-quality air operated diaphragm pumps in the Philippines, Compresstech Resources, Inc. can help. We offer different kinds of industrial machines that you can use for various applications. Our company has been in operation for many years now, so we have already partnered with numerous clients who have all been satisfied with the products we provided them.
Air Operated Diaphragm Pumps Available Here at Compresstech
Compresstech Resources, Inc. is here to provide you with high-quality air operated diaphragm pumps in the Philippines. Here are some of the items we offer:
Gast Rotary Vane
dooVAC Vacuum Pump
Kinney Liquid Ring Vacuum Pump
Pneumofore Vacuum Pump
Delfin Industrial Vacuum Cleaner
Gast Oilless Diaphragm
EVP Vacuum Pump
Air operated diaphragm pumps in the Philippines are versatile pieces of equipment that can be used by different companies across all industries. They are the ideal machines for siphoning liquids with varying viscosity, texture, quality, and amount.
These pieces of equipment are extremely durable because they are made of high-quality materials. This is especially the case for air operated diaphragm pumps that come from internationally acclaimed manufacturers. However, even though they are robust and sturdy, these machines still require extra care to last for many years without sustaining any damage. Be sure to keep them properly maintained if you want them to remain functional for a long time.
If you’re looking for air operated diaphragm pumps, do not hesitate to get in touch with us at Compresstech Resources, Inc. Our company offers various pieces of equipment that can be used for different applications. Reach out to our team today!